Contributing to the success of an establishment is what being an employee is all about. As individual and team efforts cannot be underestimated, most companies reward workers by giving them discounts on items or services. As an employee, Starbucks gives you a discount on company products and provides a number of helpful benefits as a way to show they appreciate you. Best Discount Programs looked into what you get with your Starbucks employee discount as well as additional benefits they offer that make them stand out as an employer.
What you get with your Starbucks Employee Discount
Starbucks employees or “partners” receive a 30% discount on all food and beverages. Redeem this discount in-store and online. Now nothing gets you through the day faster than a hot cup of coffee! As an employee, you can drink as many lattes or iced teas as you want…as long as you are on duty. Additionally, while a pound of coffee at Starbucks sells for $15.00 or more, when you are an employee you receive a free bag of coffee or box of tea every week. This perk is called a partner markout.
Besides a pretty impressive employee discount, you receive a wide variety of benefits when you wear that green apron. Here is a quick run down of additional benefits offered:
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Employer’s matching of retirement contribution (between 4-6%)
- Stock Investment Plan
- Restricted Stock Units
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Health Insurance
- Supplementary Life Insurance Plan
- Long-term Disability Assistance Program
- Child and Spouse Life Insurance
- Dismemberment and Accidental Death Insurance
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account
- Take advantage of the Employee Assistance Program which provides tools and resources to help with everyday stress.
- Be your best self when you utilize that gym membership discount.
- Commuter benefits: Have your transit expenses paid for through pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Enjoy discounts on auto, home or pet insurance.
- Participate in the Elite Athlete program.
- Earn vacation days.
- Get that degree you’ve always wanted as you can enroll in discounts on tuition fees.
Starbucks is one of the few retail companies out there that offer benefits for both full-time and part-time employees. Recognized for providing a supportive and diverse work environment, recent acknowledgements include receiving a 100% Rating on the Disability Equality Index and being on Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list. For more information on Starbucks and to see if there are any job openings in your area, check their Career page.
Do you currently work at Starbucks? If so, what do you find to be the most valuable benefit? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.